Newcastle Rail Break 3 Star / 2 Nights
Experience a truly iconic Northern city of England by train
Newcastle is easily reached in a few hours from London.
Historic Newcastle, a nearly 2,000-year-old city located on the River Tyne. Once known for its thriving shipbuilding industry, Newcastle today is famous for its prestigious university, its many architecturally-inspiring bridges, and its vivid cultural scene.
You will get your first glimpse of. the bridges from your train seat when crossing the River Tyne just before arriving into Central station.
Must-see attractions include “The Castle”, the Great North Museum, St. Nicholas Cathedral, Laing Art Gallery and the ultra-modern, tilting Gateshead Millennium Bridge.
PRICES FROM ARE DISPLAYED BELOW
- Standard class return rail from various railway stations in Scotland, Yorkshire and London.
- 2 Nights Bed and Breakfast in the 3 Star Jurys Inn, Newcastle based on a Standard Double room – short walk from the railway station.
- Flexible Booking Guarantee – this booking would be fully refundable up to 8 weeks before departure.
- All our UK Rail Breaks are 100% Financially Protected under the PTS Trust Account (No 5565)
- Excellent customer service from UK Rail Breaks (5/5 Feefo Rating)
York is a great city with plenty to See and Do.
Steeped in history you can discover more about this ancient walled city by taking one of many guided walking tours - or you could take it easy and relax on a river cruise through the city.
Take a right outside of York railway station to avoid the crowds
See the Shambles in York
York has the largest Gothic cathedral in Northern Europe - York Minster
Home to one of the largest railway museums in the World, where visitors can view the only Shinkansen bullet train outside of Japan.
Nightclubs and Bars with live music.
Try a traditional Sunday lunch with a homemade Yorkshire pudding!
Or sample one of the many cask ales available from one of the historic pubs in the city
Travel around York by foot, river, bike or local bus.
Contact us about day tours to take by rail from York.
|Return Rail From / To||Standard class||First class|
|North East Stations|
|Berwick upon Tweed||£169pp||£219pp|
|Newark North Gate||£189pp||£239pp|
|London Kings Cross||£189pp||£239pp|
Prices are based on two people sharing the rooms and are subject to availability.